Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hey y'all!

My (future) (hopefully) readers, welcome! My name is Ari Weinberg, and I am a freshman at Johns Hopkins University. There's not a whole lot in the way of opportunities for creative expression in my major, biomolecular engineering, so I started this blog to write about two of my passions, beauty and fashion. If you were wondering, which I'm sure you were, some of my other passions include writing, surfing, and finding new and innovative ways of hiding a life-size Orlando Bloom cardboard cutout in my roommate's bed. True story.

Now, you may also be wondering what my oh-so-clever blog title has to do with beauty and fashion. "Get It Together, Serena" (which will henceforth be referred to as GITS) is a nod to my favorite television character of all time, Serena van der Woodsen, who really needs to GET IT TOGETHER and stop doing it with MARRIED CONGRESSMEN like it is her JOB (which it is not). Oh yes, on that note, I am in no way affiliated with Gossip Girl, so please do not sue me CW because frankly it is not my fault that you have made Serena into the patron saint of promiscuity. The point, my dear CW legal team, is that GITS will focus not on Gossip Girl but rather, for the most part, on beauty. We'll be starting things off with a series on the Chanel fragrances. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment